Today, I'm rejoicing over this past year's firsts:
- I turned 22 for the first time.
- We had the first ever double birthday party for the kids. It was also the first themed birthday party we've ever done. (The closest we got before that was the LOST map I spent hours creating on the top of my birthday cake this year.)
- For our 4th anniversary, we did a vow renewal with our closest friends, family, and favorite pastor.
- We had our first real honeymoon, also in celebration of our anniversary.
- It was the first year since getting married that we did not move to a different apartment.
- We began our first deployment.
- I had my first plane ride.
- I got to see elephants, gorillas, flamingos, white tigers, sting rays, sharks, jelly fish, and more for the very first time in real life.
- I got my first "real" camera.
- It was the first Christmas Yonah was old enough to really get into.
Some firsts that I'm looking forward to in the upcoming year are:
- The first baby born in a wonderful birthing center.
- Arabelle's first experience as an older sister.
- The first year my son will "officially" begin homeschooling, even if it's just preschool. (Is he really that old already?)
- The first homecoming after a deployment.