26 March 2012

payback

Tonight I caught Arabelle sneaking her dinner into the trashcan so she could have dessert.

Her brother, who is two years older, has never even considered the thought.

I'm certain this is the result of some idle wish on Mom's part that I would have a daughter just like me to deal with.

That sort of idle wish I think is just so natural to a parent dealing with a trying child. I honestly try not to think like that about my kids, even if it has no real effect on the future generation's personalities.

But then the next moment of pure frustration happens (why must these children be so stubborn?!), and inside my head I hear myself rant.

I hope you have a kid just like you when you're a parent. Then you'll see! And I'll be laughing at your payback. Laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment