22 May 2012

yonah and the horses


Today Yonah came with me to help out at Blazing Hope.

He was a big helper! He swept out the barn, fed horses, and helped to groom a few.

A few lessons were also learned (more than once). Normal boy stuff like, no climbing on the horse's pen like a crazy child, no throwing hay at the horse, no using a handful of hay as a lightsaber, no running at horses tied and waiting to be groomed.

I didn't get to help as much as I would have liked, but it was still a great time. I enjoyed watching and helping him. And, anyway, it's all for the kids. I'm just there to help where ever needed - and today, that meant keeping an eye on a very excited, and slightly absent-minded boy as he eagerly worked so hard.

And then . . .

After a long, long wait, while horses were warmed up in the big round pen . . .

He finally got to ride.

This was something he was very excited about.

Until he realized just how big horses are when you're standing right next to them. And just how far away the ground is when you're sitting on their back.








But he gave it a try anyway, and absolutely loved it.


I am so proud of him.


No comments:

Post a Comment