Today I attempted what seemed impossible.
I covered the table in wax paper.
I stripped the children of their clothes and tied their arts and crafts aprons on.
I selected three of my least favorite paintbrushes.
And then I set out the liquid paint.
They have painted many times before, but always with the dry watercolor sets.
The older two were much tidier than I expected. Lila, on the other hand . . . Well, it's nothing a bath can't fix.
But it is done. The house came through unscathed. And the ornaments have been painted.
Mostly, I sat back and supervised. But I did most of the details once they put the background color on.
I also painted the ornaments representing our family.
I painted them according to requested colors. I feel quite proud of my Aravis ornament.